Saturday, July 22, 2017

Illustration and Story Snippet: The Aftermath

**Warning** this is another one of those scenes that I cringe at and also one that makes me quote Bartok. "You're on your own, sir! This can only end in tears." (Anastasia 1997) With that, here you go.



There was a knock on the door and I had enough dignity left to shift into a pair of shorts that immediately soaked up the blood around my pelvis. I opened my mouth to speak but my sore vocal cords refused to vibrate. I managed to roll over and sit up, groaning at the pain it caused. I pulled my bruised and bloodied right knee up and the door creaked open.

I blinked to clear my hazy vision and found Aimee standing in the doorway wearing an expression somewhere between pity and apathy. She'd been subjected to this for most of her life because of that Monster. She shut the door and ambled over to me.

"You had to provoke him, didn't you?" She asked, crouching down in front of me assessing my injuries. she set her face to my chin and I cringed as she brushed a cut he'd made in my jaw with one long nail. "Maker's sake, there isn't a spot on you that he didn't touch, is there?"

I dropped my eyes to the stained concrete and tried to avoid the pools of red liquid in the placed that he'd pinned me down. She turned my head from one side to the gingerly touching my bruised and swollen right eye then rubbed her hands over the cuts on my left cheek.

"Let's see if you can stand and we can get you to your room," she offered, holding out her hands to me. I held both of my palm up, showing her the blood on them, and she nodded, "Got it. I'm gonna try to lift you up under one of your armpits. Is your left arm still broken?"
I shook my head and she stopped as her eyes caught sight of the mirrored wall behind me. She gasped and whirled around gagging.

It doesn't hurt as bad as you think, Aims. I'm still too numb for it to hurt too much. I telepathically offered as the wounds began to bleed again. She set her hand on my shoulder and we were suddenly in her bathroom at the house.

"I can't help you this time Kali. I-I'm sorry," she admitted before she ran out of the room gagging yet again. What did he do to my back? I painfully crawled over to the black marble corner tub and managed to lift myself up enough to half-fall half-roll into the tub.

I sucked in a gasp and laid against the cold marble. I could feel every single thing he'd done to me now. Moving was what caused the pain to set in and the drugs to wear off now that he wasn't using me. I shuddered and cried out in pain. I was right when I thought the healing was only so that he could inflict more pain. This was the worst pain I'd ever felt.


No comments:

Post a Comment